Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2012 18:09:03 +0100
From: Hanno Böck <hanno@...eck.de>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: CVE request: wordpress plugin timthumb before
 2.0 remote code execution

Am Thu, 03 Nov 2011 09:56:13 -0600
schrieb Kurt Seifried <kseifried@...hat.com>:

> On 11/03/2011 05:23 AM, Hanno Böck wrote:
> > http://markmaunder.com/2011/08/01/zero-day-vulnerability-in-many-wordpress-themes/
> >
> > Seems this never got a CVE. German newspage heise reports lots of
> > hacked wordpress blogs, most likely due to this issue:
> > http://www.heise.de/security/meldung/Tausende-WordPress-Blogs-zur-Verbreitung-von-Schadcode-genutzt-1370660.html
> >
> Yes I remember this one (I actually had a friend's WordPress get
> nailed via this).
>
> Fix: http://code.google.com/p/timthumb/
>
> Please use CVE-2011-4106 for this issue.

Mitre site on this is empty till today:
https://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvename.cgi?name=CVE-2011-4106

At least a short explanation and the three links would be nice.

--
Hanno Böck		mail/jabber: hanno@...eck.de
GPG: BBB51E42		http://www.hboeck.de/

Download attachment "signature.asc" of type "application/pgp-signature" (837 bytes)