Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2011 22:00:26 +0100
From: Jonathan Wiltshire <>
Subject: CVE request for bcfg2 (remote root)

A bug report in Debian has come to light for which I can find no other
information, and therefore I do not believe it has a CVE - but probably

From :

"All released stable versions of the bcfg2-server contain several cases
where data from the client is used in a shell command without properly
escaping it first. The 1.2 prerelease series has been fixed.

"At least the SSHbase plugin has been confirmed as being exploitable.
This is a remote root hole, which requires that the SSHbase plugin is
enabled and that the attacker has control of a bcfg2 client machine."

A patch for the problem has been commited [1] upstream and backported [2] to
the 1.1 series.

Please CC me, I am not subscribed.

Jonathan Wiltshire
Debian Developer

4096R: 0xD3524C51 / 0A55 B7C5 1223 3942 86EC  74C3 5394 479D D352 4C51

[ CONTENT OF TYPE application/pgp-signature SKIPPED ]