Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 13:10:21 -0500 (EST)
From: "Steven M. Christey" <coley@...-smtp.mitre.org>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Webkit Dupes

On Sat, 5 Feb 2011, Michael Gilbert wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The following issues are duplicate CVE assignments for webkit.  Please
> merge and reject these as appropriate.

I will handle these accordingly.  As you've noticed, a lot of CVE
descriptions don't have detailed information, so sometimes it's hard to be
certain when there are dupes.

> Would it be possible to force Google and Apple to coordinate better to
> avoid these dupes?  This is creating unnecessary work and making it
> appear that webkit has a lot more issues than it really does.

I started this conversation with both organizations a while ago, and your
findings (plus a separate effort by Josh Bressers) are renewing this
conversation.  That is, I'm working on it :)

- Steve