Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2010 15:21:25 -0500
From: Dan Rosenberg <dan.j.rosenberg@...il.com>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: econet iovec

This makes sense to me.  Just so everyone's on the same page:

CVE-2010-3859 (kernel heap overflow in TIPC) and CVE-2010-4160 (kernel
panic and potentially heap corruption in L2TP) are both fixed by
improved sanity checking on iovec input and new limits on network I/O
size.

The above mentioned issue in Econet (kernel panic due to integer
overflow in sk_buff allocation size on native Econet hardware) is no
longer an issue due to the previously mentioned fixes.  This has not
received a CVE, nor do I necessarily think it needs one.

There are likely other protocols that had issues resolved by these
fixes.  I can dig some up if necessary, but I don't really see the
point.

-Dan