Date: Tue, 02 Nov 2010 12:07:12 -0400
From: Jon Oberheide <jon@...rheide.org>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: CVE request: kernel stack infoleaks

Vasiliy Kulikov discovered three kernel stack infoleaks in various
packet families of the net subsystem:

net/ax25

Sometimes ax25_getname() doesn't initialize all members of
fsa_digipeater field of fsa struct.  This structure is then copied to
userland.  It leads to leaking of contents of kernel stack memory.  We
have to initialize them to zero.

http://marc.info/?l=linux-netdev&m=128854507120898&w=2

net/packet

packet_getname_spkt() doesn't initialize all members of sa_data field of
sockaddr struct if strlen(dev->name) < 13.  This structure is then
copied to userland.  It leads to leaking of contents of kernel stack
memory.  We have to fully fill sa_data with strncpy() instead of
strlcpy().

http://marc.info/?l=linux-netdev&m=128854507220908&w=2

net/tipc

Structure sockaddr_tipc is copied to userland with padding bytes after
"id" field in union field "name" unitialized.  It leads to leaking of
contents of kernel stack memory.  We have to initialize them to zero.

http://marc.info/?l=linux-netdev&m=128854507420917&w=2

Regards,
Jon Oberheide

--
Jon Oberheide <jon@...rheide.org>
GnuPG Key: 1024D/F47C17FE

[ CONTENT OF TYPE application/pgp-signature SKIPPED ]