Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 08:41:22 +0000 (GMT)
From: Mark J Cox <mjc@...hat.com>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: charter - advisories

On Mon, 25 Feb 2008, Solar Designer wrote:
> Also, a question to those vendors (represented in here) who don't copy
> their advisories to Bugtraq currently (too shy or polite) - will you
> start sending them to this new special-purpose list?

For Red Hat products since we stopped supporting Red Hat Linux 9 we don't
send to public mailing lists; customers using our products would be signed
up to Red Hat Network which gives them customised alerts based on what
they've got installed, and other interested folks who are not customers
can subscribe to our announcement mailing list.

LWN already capture advisories from all vendors and try to collate it
(with moderate degrees of sucess): http://lwn.net/Alerts/   so I'm not
convinced of the value of another list.

Thanks, Mark
--
Mark J Cox / Red Hat Security Response Team