Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2024 22:29:29 -0500
From: Rich Felker <dalias@...c.org>
To: Khem Raj <raj.khem@...il.com>
Cc: musl@...ts.openwall.com,
	"Venkata Ramanaiah Nalamothu (QUIC)" <quic_vnalamot@...cinc.com>,
	Stefan O'Rear <sorear@...tmail.com>
Subject: Re: RISC-V 32bit port in MUSL upstream

On Sun, Feb 25, 2024 at 10:17:32PM -0800, Khem Raj wrote:
> Thanks, I will test the patches on top of master this week and let you know

Thanks! I'm looking at the rebased patches and have some comments on
them. For the IPC one (attached here for reference), the time64 stuff
isn't so much for the sake of a legacy time32 ABI (which riscv32
doesn't have), although it does facilitate that too on archs that need
it. It's because the kernel is unable to give natively time64 ipc
structures, and needs translation. In the absence of a legacy ABI to
support, we could do translation that clobbers the same memory the
kernel put the split 32-bit fields in, but it's not aligned so there's
no easy way to do that, and just doing the same thing all other archs
do and having it at the end seems best.

Rich

> On Sun, Feb 25, 2024 at 6:16 PM Rich Felker <dalias@...c.org> wrote:
> >
> > On Wed, Nov 08, 2023 at 03:00:09PM +0000, Venkata Ramanaiah Nalamothu (QUIC) wrote:
> > > Ping.
> >
> > I believe this is actually close to ready-to-merge. I just pushed what
> > I think was the last missing prerequisite patch:
> >
> > https://git.musl-libc.org/cgit/musl/commit/?id=19563e1850808af216b1b84263bb7e83cccce506
> >
> > If the riscv32 port builds and works cleanly now with no further
> > changes to non-arch-specific code, I think it can be upstreamed now.
> > I'll try to take a look at this in the next couple days.
> >
> > Rich

View attachment "0007-Add-msg-sem-shm-structs-and-other-missing-defines.patch" of type "text/plain" (5053 bytes)