Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2024 15:54:58 -0800
From: Fangrui Song <i@...kray.me>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Cc: William Roberts <bill.c.roberts@...il.com>, Anton Korobeynikov <anton@...obeynikov.info>
Subject: Re: PAC/BTI Support on aarch64

On Mon, Feb 12, 2024 at 10:42 AM Rich Felker <dalias@...c.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 12, 2024 at 10:38:50AM -0600, William Roberts wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I was just wondering if there was any work being done to support PAC
> > and BTI in aarch64? I could add support but didn't want to duplicate
> > the work.
>
> I'm not aware of any active work on this, but before writing a full
> implementation, it would be really helpful to start with a basic
> proposal for the scope of changes needed to make it work to assess
> whether these are managable and acceptable cost.
>
> Rich

Cc +Anton (other messages of this thread can be found at
https://www.openwall.com/lists/musl/2024/02/12/ ).

Per https://discourse.llvm.org/t/llvm-pointer-authentication-sync-ups/62661/23
and an lld/ELF patch

* https://github.com/access-softek/llvm-project/commits/elf-pauth
* https://github.com/access-softek/musl/tree/dkovalev/pauth-code-drop

contains a prototype.

> We verified that LLVM testsuite compiled with pauth successfully passes on pauth-enabled AArch64 board.

https://www.openwall.com/lists/musl/2024/02/12/

It looks like there will be an LLVM Pointer Authentication discussion
in a few hours:
https://calendar.google.com/calendar/u/0/embed?src=calendar@llvm.org