Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2024 22:51:16 +0000 (UTC)
From: Thorsten Glaser <tg@...bsd.de>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Not sure how to debug this one.

Valery Ushakov dixit:

>Calling conventions etc are defined in architecture's ELF psABI (ps =

I know, but digging through all these documents is tiresome,
and sometimes, they’re not applicable to the OS in question
(I have a vague thing in the back of my head that OpenBSD
derivates on sparc differ in some aspect), or the OS defines
additional nōn-standard extensions, PIC, TLS or whatever…

Having a nice per-arch quick overview of all registers in a
sort of standard order, with quick indicators of preserved,
trashed, stack pointer, instruction pointer, link register,
etc. would be nice (even hardcoded-0 register could be
annotated there, to make things even easier for casual
cross-arch debugging), and then for *all* arches.

Oh well…

bye,
//mirabilos
--
<cnuke> den AGP stecker anfeilen, damit er in den slot aufm 440BX board passt…
oder netzteile, an die man auch den monitor angeschlossen hat und die dann für