Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2024 10:16:21 +0000 (UTC)
From: Thorsten Glaser <tg@...bsd.de>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: musl-gcc: unusable on mipsel, mips64el: mipsel-linux-gnu-gcc:
 unrecognised command-line option '-EL'

Markus Wichmann dixit:

>> >, but the gcc wrapper. This is not
>> >the recommended way to use musl except as minimal evaluation setup or
>> >for compiling very simple programs
>>
>> Huh? Where does it say that, and how else is one supposed to do this?
[…]
>musl-gcc (and similar wrappers for other libcs) is in principle limited
>by the fact that the target libraries it links in are still built
>against the system libc.

The target library is exactly libc (musl) though.

>mismatch. Some of GCC's target libraries hook deeply into glibc
>implementation internals once they know to be running on a glibc
>platform, with libstdc++ being probably the worst offender.

Ah, ok, good point. I know libgcc.a doesn’t, and for some reason
libgcc_eh.a is also pulled in, though I don’t see anything using
its functions.

bye,
//mirabilos
--
FWIW, I'm quite impressed with mksh interactively. I thought it was much
*much* more bare bones. But it turns out it beats the living hell out of