Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2024 11:20:29 -0600
From: Cody Wetzel <codyawetzel@...il.com>
To: Natanael Copa <ncopa@...inelinux.org>
Cc: musl@...ts.openwall.com, Markus Wichmann <nullplan@....net>
Subject: Re: Segmentation fault musl 1.2.4

Hello musl team,

I tried getting a core dump but I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong...

/ # cat /proc/sys/kernel/core_pattern/tmp/core-%e-%s-%u-%g-%p-%t/ #
apk upgrade busybox
--repository=https://dl-cdn.alpinelinux.org/alpine/v3.18/main
--repository=https://dl-cdn.alpinelinux.org/alpine/v3.18/communityfetch
https://dl-cdn.alpinelinux.org/alpine/v3.18/community/armv7/APKINDEX.tar.gzfetch
https://dl-cdn.alpinelinux.org/alpine/v3.18/main/armv7/APKINDEX.tar.gzfetch
https://dl-cdn.alpinelinux.org/alpine/v3.17/main/armv7/APKINDEX.tar.gzfetch
https://dl-cdn.alpinelinux.org/alpine/v3.17/community/armv7/APKINDEX.tar.gz(1/3)
Upgrading busybox (1.35.0-r29 -> 1.36.1-r5)Executing
busybox-1.36.1-r5.post-upgrade(2/3) Upgrading busybox-binsh
(1.35.0-r29 -> 1.36.1-r5)(3/3) Upgrading ssl_client (1.35.0-r29 ->
1.36.1-r5)Executing busybox-1.36.1-r5.triggerOK: 5 MiB in 15 packages/
# apk upgrade musl
--repository=https://dl-cdn.alpinelinux.org/alpine/v3.18/main
--repository=https://dl-cdn.alpinelinux.org/alpine/v3.18/community(1/1)
Upgrading musl (1.2.3-r5 -> 1.2.4-r2)OK: 5 MiB in 15 packages/ # apk
upgrade rust --repository=https://dl-cdn.alpinelinux.org/alpine/v3.18/main
--repository=https://dl-cdn.alpinelinux.org/alpine/v3.18/communitySegmentation
fault/ # apk -hSegmentation fault/ # ls /tmp/core*Segmentation fault/
# cd /tmp/tmp # lsSegmentation fault

Thanks!

Cody

--