Date: Tue, 05 Dec 2023 15:19:15 +0000
From: Alastair Houghton <ahoughton@...le.com>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Cc: Rich Felker <dalias@...c.org>
Subject: Re: setlocale() again

> Maybe I’ve missed a reply somewhere along the lines; here’s a tentative patch that just does the simple thing of making setlocale(LC_ALL, "") pick the C.UTF-8 locale if it’s unable to find the locale specified in the environment.

[snip]

Hah. So, testing that patch, having removed my hacks to avoid using Musl’s locale support, I find it doesn’t actually work (for two reasons; one, NULL doesn’t mean not found, it means “use ‘C’”; and two, there is some very odd code in setlocale.c that causes things to go wrong if the specified name is longer than LOCALE_NAME_MAX).

I’ll come back with an updated patch in a bit.

Kind regards,

Alastair.