Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2023 15:06:30 -0400
From: Carl Chave <online@...ve.us>
To: Markus Wichmann <nullplan@....net>
Cc: musl@...ts.openwall.com, Rich Felker <dalias@...c.org>
Subject: Re: Hung processes with althttpd web server

> Because this backtrace does not fit the strace from earlier.

I'm sorry, that's my fault, I used strace output from a previous hang
as an example, not realizing it would cause confusion. For the record,
this is the current output:

strace: Process 9780 attached
futex(0x7f5fb44e0884, FUTEX_WAIT_PRIVATE, 2147483664, NULL

> Solution is still the same as before: Either clean up the signal handler
> or don't even register it in the first place. The proper place to log
> unusual exit of a process is in the parent process. All of the
> intercepted signals have a default action of Term or Core, so they will
> cause the end of the process.

Disregard my other reply about the --debug option, I will point the
althttpd devs at this thread and hopefully they can review.

Thanks a lot for the help.
Carl