Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2023 13:57:57 +0100
From: Alastair Houghton <ahoughton@...le.com>
To: Rich Felker <dalias@...c.org>
Cc: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: setlocale() again

On 10 Aug 2023, at 16:51, Rich Felker <dalias@...c.org> wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 10, 2023 at 04:41:38PM +0100, Alastair Houghton wrote:
>> I spent some time today looking at the setlocale() problem and
>> thought I’d put some notes down in an email.

[snip]

> At this point, it's been quite a while since I looked at the
> mechanisms. If you'd like to help move this forward, rather than
> starting with a patch, writing a high-level natural language
> description of how you'd make the changes (in terms of musl's current
> internal representation for locale state) would be the most helpful.
> If I'm forgetting and there's already such a good description, just
> digging it up and citing it might be fine.

I wrote something up here:

https://gist.github.com/al45tair/15c3ade52b09d0cad67074176ad43e4a

Let me know what you think; I can update the document there until we’re happy that we’ve got the right solution, then I should be able to create a patch and get the relevant permission from my employer to submit it.

Kind regards,

Alastair.

Content of type "text/html" skipped