Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2021 07:56:29 +1100
From: Matt Andrews <mattandrews@...il.com>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Newbie cross compiling with LLVM

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to cross compile from Ubuntu 20.04 to armv7a-linux-musleabihf
using LLVM. Configure looks like this

./configure \
--prefix=$VECX/usr \
--syslibdir=$VECX/lib \
--target=armv7a-linux-eabihf \
CC=/usr/lib/llvm-13/bin/clang \
CFLAGS="--target=armv7a-linux-eabihf -mcpu=cortex-a8"

Then

make && make install

The compilation fails with the following

make: armv7a-linux-eabihf-ar: Command not found
make: *** [Makefile:167: lib/libc.a] Error 127

It's looking for an archiver from a cross compiler toolchain, but should be
using llvm-ar.

Which configure options should I use to get LLVM to cross compile
successfully?

Content of type "text/html" skipped