Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2018 14:11:09 -0500
From: Rich Felker <dalias@...c.org>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Views on bare metal port

On Wed, Jan 31, 2018 at 06:37:24PM +0000, Jon Chesterfield wrote:
> Yep, that's the 5%! There's work on rounding modes happening in LLVM at
> present, but it doesn't work yet and I can't justify working on it :(
>
> There are a number of style warnings from clang related to operator
> precedence (suggesting more parentheses) - would patches for these be worth
> submitting?

No, they'll almost surely be rejected. What would be nice is a
proposal for getting the warnings we want, and only the ones we want,
by default on clang. Right now configure is well-tuned to do that for
gcc but not for clang.

I think what we need is probably first some way to detect if -w is
needed to turn off unwanted defaults (it's unsafe to use with gcc
because it overrides even -W's that come _after_ it), then using -w,
omitting -Wall, and manually building up the interesting warnings.