Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2017 15:33:00 -0600
From: "A. Wilcox" <awilfox@...lielinux.org>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: wcscoll does not collate properly, even en_US

Hi.

My understanding is that musl does not want to support collation in
non-English languages (at least, not yet), but collation is supported in
American English.

glib's test suite is failing on musl now because the locale code is just
functional enough to make glib not skip the tests entirely (1.1.16
failed the 'setlocale is giving us the locale we set back' test), yet
collation doesn't work.  wcscoll is giving the same result as wcscmp.
This is wrong; a simple test case is attached.  Run on a glibc machine,
a FreeBSD machine, and a Solaris machine, it will output:

Amy
bug
cat
Gaz
Tom

On musl it (incorrectly) currently outputs:

Amy
Gaz
Tom
bug
cat

Does this mean my understanding was wrong and musl does not even support
AmE collation?  This is going to affect everything from `ls` to GUI file
managers like Dolphin or Nautilus to email software sorting by sender or
subject.

Regards,
--arw

--
A. Wilcox (awilfox)
Project Lead, Adélie Linux

View attachment "wcscoll-test.c" of type "text/x-csrc" (862 bytes)

Download attachment "signature.asc" of type "application/pgp-signature" (820 bytes)