Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2017 08:26:46 +0000
From: Pascal Cuoq <cuoq@...st-in-soft.com>
To: "musl@...ts.openwall.com" <musl@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: Re: open issues

Hello,

Punting til later due to lack of serious/any outward symptoms and lack
of any practical way to fix:

- scanf, wrong types in va_arg
 http://www.openwall.com/lists/musl/2017/04/10/3

Joseph Myers has pointed out to me that the POSIX chapter about stdarg.h defines an XSI extension that allows musl's scanf to be written just the way it is:

http://pubs.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/009695399/basedefs/stdarg.h.html  (specifically the sentence “Both types are pointers”)

To me, this means that the issue can be dropped entirely : musl simply needs this XSI extension, as it probably does some others.

Pascal

Content of type "text/html" skipped