Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2016 14:49:08 +0100
From: u-uy74@...ey.se
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: musl licensing

On Wed, Mar 16, 2016 at 06:46:04AM -0600, Anthony J. Bentley wrote:
> > it trains programmers to ignore source comments because they contain
> > redundant legal gibberish instead of technically relevant content.
>
> A simple copyright statement that lists authors, dates and license terms
> is absolutely technical relevant content.

Then we may have differing ideas of what is "technical" :)

Copyright law is a [legacy originating from the Britain's] censuring
framework, which happens to be applied to software for no technical reason
(does a copyright notice influence the functioning of the program?) but
for various political ones.

Rune