Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2012 02:27:31 +0100
From: John Spencer <maillist-musl@...fooze.de>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: [ANN] sabotage 0.9.7 milestone (x86[_64]) release

On 11/08/2012 06:24 PM, Jens Staal wrote:
> tisdagen den 6 november 2012 17.34.38 skrev  John Spencer:
>> fixed:
>> - X11 finally works well (use startx to launch)
> I am happy to report that the x86_64 image boots nicely natively and that dwm
> seems to work well as well (I put "exec dwm" in ~/.xinitrc).
cool

> Now I just need
> feh (or similar) and conky to make it fully functional
>
> I could however not test it completely yet since I need to figure out which
> events under /dev/input that are responsive for keyboard and mouse on my
> native boot in order to really test it (keyboard completely unresponsive under
> X).

did you try the alternate setting in /bin/X ?
currently it uses qemu settings, and the virtual box settings are
commented out

you also need to use the option "disable mouse integration" in the
"machine" menu in order to have the mouse respond.

> I have not been able to test dwm under Virtualbox (where mouse and keyboard
> work under LXDE) since I have not figured out how to get the network working
> (for the native install, I ran butch with the root file system mounted as a
> chroot).

if you use NAT or a brigded interface (vbox option) attached to a DHCP
server you can use
dhclient eth0

otherwise put an ifconfig and route line into rc.local

> Another odd thing I noticed is that using mksh as login shell makes me loose
> job control sometimes. Slightly odd. Could be a non-root permission issue with
> /dev/tty-stuff too.

maybe uncommenting some things in /etc/mdev.conf can help there, let me
know if you got it working.