Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2018 18:53:01 +0100
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: lkrg-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: LKRG Debian jessie

On Wed, Feb 07, 2018 at 06:25:07PM +0100, Xavier Sheperd wrote:
> I'm running kernels provided by distro maintainers. I don't know to which
> extended they are customized. (Some details stripped, for brevity).

Both of your build attempts are of lkrg-experimental.  Have you also
tried building lkrg-main?  Does it build or fail (and how)?  The only
LKRG releases we're making now are off the lkrg-main branch, whereas
lkrg-experimental is basically something Adam is experimenting with. ;-)
I'm sure he'll be interested in build failure reports for that as well,
but for LKRG releases (such as for making sure the next release builds
on more distros) we only care about lkrg-main for the time being.

Also, we recommend downloading or git clone'ing and then building these
as non-root (only installing/loading them as root).

Alexander