Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2018 15:04:36 +0100
From: Xavier Sheperd <xavier.sheperd@....com>
To: lkrg-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: LKRG Debian jessie

Hi Adam,

On Mon, Feb 05, 2018 at 11:50:58PM +0100, Adam Zabrocki wrote:

>Debian is using very stripped kernel any a lot of functionality is not exposed
>even to the kernel modules (like LKRG is). Their kernel is pretty hard to work
>on but it is possible to customize LKRG and force it to run.

Debian 9(Linux 4.9.65-3+deb9u1) seems to be different. LKRG experimental
compiles and runs without any "tweaks".

>Some of the notifiers are being removed from the kernel (or at least symbols)
>by custom distro patches but without changing the #ifdef definitions. One of
>the example could be not exposing SELinux variables but still keeping #ifdef
>SELINUX not-touched. This is what heppend in you case. Same might happend to
>the USB notifiers and you did a correct work to 'mask' them.
>
>It looks like you're using experimental branch and as branch name says it's
>'experimental' so please take this into account ;-) Some of the recent "main"
>branch changes I didn't have time to backport into "experimental" branch yet.
>But this is in my TODO list.

Noted. :-)
On Ubuntu (12.04, 14.04, 16.04) everything works as described in the docs.
Thank you for taking the time to write them btw.
I also tried CentOS (6 and 7) but they seem to be quite different. I can
provide details if needed.

>Please find out the hacky patch in attachment and apply it on the top of your
>changes.

The patch works on Debian 8 indeed.
Thank you for your help.

Best regards,