Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2019 09:50:47 -0400
From: Robert Moskowitz <rgm@...-consult.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com, "M.Hamza Aziz" <mhamzaaziz1@...il.com>
Subject: Re: How to crack WPA2

On 9/22/19 2:47 AM, M.Hamza Aziz wrote:
> I'm a new bae. I want to crack WPA2 SECURITY. how is this possible.

First you need to intercept something to attack, and that is easy. See
my 2003 paper on it.  It is archived in many places like:

https://wifinetnews.com/archives/2003/11/weakness_in_passphrase_choice_in_wpa_interface.html

WPA or WPA2 it makes no difference, sadly.    There are papers and tools
to do the rainbow attacks.

Just dig a bit and you will find lots of ways to get the WPA2 password.

Now with WPA3, they went with a PAKE (Password Augmented Key Exchange)
which adds the password into a Elliptic Curve Diffie-Hellman exchange.
On the IETF CFRG list there is lots of debates about the security
profile for WPA3, but it is quite good. PAKEs in general are zero-proof
key exchanges that should not have any offline attack.

But with WPA2; lots of attacks.