Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2019 20:09:00 -0300
From: Claudio André <claudioandre.br@...il.com>
To: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
Cc: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Windows build no opencl devices

Em seg, 25 de mar de 2019 às 15:14, Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
escreveu:

> Hi all,
>
> The below was already being discussed on a GitHub issue by the time Kev
> posted it in here:
>
> https://github.com/magnumripper/JohnTheRipper/issues/3647
>
> Claudio, is there any takeaway from this, anything for us to document
> for the john-users community or/and to add to our documentation?

* On Windows, the ICD information (an OpenCL incantation) is saved inside
the "registry";
* Our OpenCL cross platform library can't access the "registry";
* That said, a good advice in case of Windows issues is to copy the
installed [1] OpenCL DLL file (c:\Windows\System32\OpenCL.dll) from the
Windows folder to the directory the user saved John the Ripper binary.

[1] From NVIDIA, Intel, etc.

Claudio