Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2018 17:55:03 +0200
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Compilation JTR mac

On Thu, Aug 30, 2018 at 10:36:48AM +0200, Albert Veli wrote:
> There are many homebrew users that stumble on exactly this issue. I think
> we should add the homebrew OpenSSL location to the search path. At least if
> it detects we are running under Darwin.

FWIW, there's a still open GitHub issue for this, and yes I agree it
should be fixed:

"Autodetect more OpenSSL installation paths (for Mac OS X) #2347"
https://github.com/magnumripper/JohnTheRipper/issues/2347

Anyone with macOS is welcome to contribute by making a corresponding
pull request.

Thanks,

Alexander