Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2018 21:48:18 -0400
From: Rich Rumble <richrumble@...il.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Output Cracked Passwords Only

On Thu, Jul 12, 2018 at 4:16 PM Erik Winkler <ewinkler@...ls.com> wrote:

> Can john output the cracked passwords only from the .pot file?  no
> username, hash, etc.
>
> The problem I have is some of the cracked passwords have a “:” in them and
> this makes parsing the standard —show output miss hundreds of passwords
> based on the colon delimiter.
>
> Thanks,
> Erik

It can be made to using a variety of tools, in linux "cut" is perfect to
pipe john output to...
./john -show passwords.txt |cut -d":" -f2
   or
cat john.pot|cut -d":" -f2  (put in full path to john.pot)

if using windows  (put in full path to john.pot in command below)
powershell "get-content john.pot | ForEach-Object {$_.split(':')[1]}

I'm not aware of a native way to output just the password.
There may be a way to use "stdout" and "loop" to do this, but I'm not sure
it's needed.
-rich