Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2018 21:11:37 +0200
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: CAST5 GPU cracking

On Mon, Jun 18, 2018 at 06:59:05PM +0000, crack.cast5@...mail.net wrote:
> Is the old count really 65536?

Yes, that's what old keys used (and many still do).

> Is gpg2john tested with such old keys from 2000?

I think so, but I'm not sure exactly with which versions of PGP/GnuPG.

> Ideally I would download an older PGP and run a test

Yes, you should.

> but it is hard to find such an old version.

No, it is not.  PGP 2.6.3i* from mid to late 1990s:

http://www.spywarewarrior.com/uiuc/disastry/263multi.htm#download

GnuPG 1.2.0+ from 2002+:

https://www.gnupg.org/ftp/gcrypt/gnupg/

You might run into minor difficulties building these on a modern system,
though.  You might end up needing to tweak them or building/running in a
VM with a similarly old system.

Alexander