Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2018 12:37:19 +0200
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: NVIDIA Jetson TK1 GPU & John

On Thu, May 31, 2018 at 02:38:19PM -0600, Leonard Rose wrote:
> It was my understanding there was no OpenCL support for the Jetson TK1.

Oh.  I was unaware there existed non-ancient NVIDIA devices for which
NVIDIA didn't support OpenCL, but you seem to be right.  According to a
January 2014 whitepaper by NVIDIA, "Tegra K1 is capable of OpenCL 1.2.
It will be supported based on customer needs."  I guess "customer needs"
never happened, in NVIDIA's opinion.

You can possibly get OpenCL going via a third-party project anyway, but
it'd be tricky:

http://portablecl.org/cuda-backend.html

Alexander