Date: Thu, 24 May 2018 11:46:02 +0100
From: Eric Watson <ea-watson@...ginmedia.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: john --make-charset=custom.chr: Can't get the hang
 of using it. :-(

Hi,

Can I comment on your reply?

But first to mention that one of the links supplied by "rich" does not work.

  https://xinn.org/blog/JtR-AD-Password-Auditing.html

Alexander, you mention, "training" incremental method. Can you explain
"training" please?

I find it confusing until it is pointed out that "wordlist" and "passwd"
are not in fact words but instead are hashes. I must remember that
everything revolves around hashes.

I appreciate that users such as I are "jumping in" with only basic
knowledge whereas most users appear to be very familiar with terms and
probably attended schooling.

Not a criticism just a comment to explain my apparent ignorance.

Eric