Date: Wed, 23 May 2018 07:47:07 -0700
From: Eric Oyen <eric.oyen@...il.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: john --make-charset=custom.chr: Can't get the hang of using it. :-(

mine is a slightly different issue. I run the command as stated in the example (./john --make-charset custom.chr custom.txt) where custom.txt happens to be a crunch created wordlist for letters, numbers and only 2 special chars (exclamation point and period).

the command runs and nothing else happens (it just sits there on a blank line).

so, what gives?

-eric

PGP fingerprint: 6DFB D6B0 3771 90F1 373E 570C 7EA2 1FF3 6B68 0386