Date: Sat, 5 May 2018 20:56:58 +0000
From: Pay back <payknight1k0@...e.com>
To: "john-users@...ts.openwall.com" <john-users@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: Bitlocker

i came across this https://github.com/e-ago/bitcracker trying to crack a bitlocker thumbdrive.

had a question and hopefully can some one answer that to me.

recently i have checked a thumb drive (DOK) which is encrypted with bitlocker.

when checking the numeral password and the external keys
with this command "manage-bde -protectors X: -get"

i have received 4 different External Key.

i decide to encrypt one of my drives to see if the result is the same, instead of receiving 4 external keys i received only one external key for my drive.

my question is, what does this External Key means?

and why they are 4 in that DOK and only one in mine.

thanks.
alot