Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2018 22:36:40 +0200
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: "No password hashes loaded" for zip2john output,
 pkzip

On 2018-03-26 17:36, Nick Shaw wrote:
> Updates to 1.8.0.13-jumbo as Solar suggested, re-ran zip2john, and now it's
> giving me this:
>
> Alice.zip->Users/Daniel/Desktop/Alice/ is not encrypted!
> ver 1.0 Scanning for EOD... FOUND Extended local header
> Alice.zip->Users/Daniel/Desktop/Alice/ is not encrypted, or stored with
> non-handled compression type

Yet zipinfo shows us there is a compressed file in there. Off the top of
my head, the "scanning...found" implies we may be down to some
less-than-100%-defined code path of zip2john that I might have added
within the last year or so. A good way to help improving that code is to
feed us with samples that fail.

Feel free to send my a/the sample zip in private, or right here.

magnum