Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2018 19:21:38 -0800
From: jeff <jeff@...funit.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: making wordlist rules

I got my append and prepend special character rule working.
I am now having trouble prepending and append 2 numbers.
My max password length is 8, because I am using des.

I have tried:
[List.Rules:a2n]
# add numbers to the front and end of a password

That produced:
Invalid rule in JohnTheRipper-bleeding-jumbo/run/john.conf at line 712:
Unknown command
(where line 712 is '6[^$]"[0-9][0-9]"
I tried

but that didn't work either.

How can I prepend and append 2 digits to my dictionary words?