Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2017 16:26:26 +0100
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: Nadav Weiss <naweiss@...ct.ac.il>
Cc: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: custom build for Android

On Wed, Nov 08, 2017 at 04:35:10PM +0200, Nadav Weiss wrote:
> I uploaded a new version of john build for Android (1.8.0).
> Which can run now on Android L and above, and compile for x86, mips and
> more arm archs.

Thanks!  Nadav is referring to:

http://openwall.info/wiki/john/custom-builds#Compiled-for-Android

Unfortunately, the currently uploaded john-1.8.0-android.tar.gz looks
wrong to me in that it reuses the old run directory contents (*.chr,
john.ini, password.lst) from the older build of 1.7.8.  Those files have
since changed in 1.8.0, and in fact the format of *.chr files changed -
meaning that incremental mode won't work in this build with those files.

Nadav, we'd appreciate more detail on how you built this, such as to
enable others to produce updated builds for 1.8.1 and on.

Did you try building bleeding-jumbo off GitHub?  I imagine folks would
find that a lot more useful.

CC'ing you since you don't seem to be subscribed.  (You might want to
subscribe.)

Alexander