Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2017 22:57:47 +0000
From: Glen B <lucky0106@....com>
To: "john-users@...ts.openwall.com" <john-users@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: Re: Custom Windows build 1.8.0.9 - What happened to
 zip2john?

Hi Robert et. al.,

Sorry for taking so long to respond - I've downloaded the updated
September build of 1.8.0.9. I'm happy to see that zip2john.exe is back!
Running it on my zip file produces the following ouput:

ver 2.0 Labs.zip->Labs.pdf PKZIP Encr: cmplen=1838962, decmplen=2008077,
crc=7830B902

So that seems to be working well? The output hash is kind of odd - the
file I saved it to is 7,184KB in size, but the output format seems
normal enough? When I run john, however...

.\run\john.exe --show .\zip.hash
Warning: '/dev/shm' does not exists or is not a directory.

POSIX shared memory objects require the existance of this directory.
Create the directory '/dev/shm' and set the permissions to 01777.
For instance on the command line: mkdir -m 01777 /dev/shm
Warning: invalid UTF-8 seen reading .\zip.hash
0 password hashes cracked, 0 left

It seems like john is having trouble reading the output of zip2john?

Glen