Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2017 15:39:33 +0000
From: Glen B <lucky0106@....com>
To: "john-users@...ts.openwall.com" <john-users@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: Custom Windows build 1.8.0.9 - What happened to zip2john?

Greetings,

I was having issues with earlier builds and getting a hash of a ZIP file
read properly (according to zip2john at the time, it was a pkzip2
format). I've downloaded the latest Windows build from the wiki, John
the Ripper v1.8.0.9-jumbo-1-bleeding (Bleeding version on 2017-03-06).
Something that's new to me is that the zip2john executable seems to have
been replaced with a different file. The text initially reads "symlink"
with some non-text characters following. I'm assuming this is a linux
symlink file, which neither Windows nor I know how to interpret.

I'm not having much luck searching GitHub for an explanation of this
change. Can anyone offer any tips on how I'm supposed to proceed with
cracking a zip file at this point?