Date: Mon, 8 May 2017 09:36:21 +0200
From: Greg Burne <gburne@....co.za>
To: John <john-users@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: Mac OS X sparse image

Hello all,

I need to attempt to recover a password from a macOS Sierra 10.12.4 sparse image which is mine.

Before I attempt to do this with John, I would like to know if John is able to crack passwords on a sparse image created on the above OS? I just don’t want to purchase the software if it’s not going to be right for my needs.

Thank you in advance, any advice is welcome as I’m a completely new to all of this.

Regards,

Gregory Burne
gburne@....co.za
+27 (0)72 4043857