Date: Thu, 4 May 2017 09:23:45 +0100
From: Nick Wilsdon <nick@...sdon.co.uk>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: How long to recover RAR3 SHA-1 AES [32/64] hash pwd

Hi all,

I'm trying to recover a password to an old .rar file - RAR3 SHA-1 AES
[32/64]

It's possibly up to 10 characters, lower-case alpha-numeric. I've been
trying incremental mode, as my wordlists and guesses haven't worked (7 days
so far)

Looking at tools like - http://calc.opensecurityresearch.com/ - that seems
to indicate this approach can potentially take 2.4m years. Can anyone
confirm, before I build Deep Thought and pass on instructions to future
generations?*

*or perhaps, go back to learning more about masks

Thanks,

Nick