Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2017 20:29:57 +0200
From: Jacques Aucamp <jacauc@...il.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: OpenCL CL_INVALID_DEVICE error in common-opencl.c:2061 - Error
 querying CL_DEVICE_TYPE

I compiled john bleeding edge from github.
I already have nVidia drivers working on my Kali 2016.2 rolling machine,
however when I execute one of the following commands, I get an error:

OpenCL CL_INVALID_DEVICE error in common-opencl.c:2061 - Error querying
CL_DEVICE_TYPE

root@...iGPU:~/JohnTheRipper/run# ./john --format=LM-opencl
../../newhash.txt
root@...iGPU:~/JohnTheRipper/run# ./john --list=opencl-devices
OpenCL CL_INVALID_DEVICE error in common-opencl.c:2061 - Error querying
CL_DEVICE_TYPE

I have researched on google, but was unable to find anything directly
related.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have configured hashcat for GPU support and that is working fine

Thanks in advance!
Jacques