Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2016 17:31:39 +0100
From: Luis Rocha <luiscrocha@...il.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Loading high number of hashes on GPU

On Thu, Nov 24, 2016 at 7:52 AM, magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com> wrote:

> So maybe the current state of john.pot affects if it happens or not? I
> will keep testing. Thanks!
>
> magnum

Looks like is .pot related. With an empty pot it works great. I don't know
the range it works but I know that in my system it doesn't move on with
257k hashes in the pot.

$ ./john /tmp/elevendotninemillion --format=raw-sha1-opencl --session=temp
--pot=/tmp/bug.pot --incremental

Device 0: Hawaii
No dupe-checking performed when loading hashes.
Using default input encoding: UTF-8
Loaded 1190000 password hashes with no different salts (Raw-SHA1-opencl
[SHA1 OpenCL])
Remaining 932713 password hashes with no different salts
\
Progress is too slow!! trying next table size.