Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2016 21:34:55 +0100
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Loading high number of hashes on GPU

> On 2016-11-14 15:03, Luis Rocha wrote:
> >$./john 20M.hashes --wordlist=uniqwords  --pot=20M.pot
> >--format=raw-sha1-opencl --session=gpu  --fork=2 --rules:Jumbo

BTW, there's usually no point in actually using a GPU for fast hashes
with JtR if you do not use mask (possibly along with wordlist and rules,
or with another host-side mode, for a hybrid mode).

On Mon, Nov 14, 2016 at 04:19:59PM +0100, magnum wrote:
> I think the above message is a clue. Did you set NoLoaderDupeCheck in
> john.conf? That wont work with Sayantan's bitmap tables.

I think we should add a format flag that would forcibly ignore the
config file's NoLoaderDupeCheck (and perhaps print a message about
that when the flag is set), and set the flag in Sayantan's formats
affected by this issue.

Alexander