Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2016 22:01:15 +0200
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Clustering using OpenCL & MPI

On 2016-09-29 20:42, Oliver Weichhold wrote:
> I'm fairly new to JtR and one thing I couldn't quite figure out reading the various Wiki articles is if it is possible to cluster Linux instances running JtR utilizing OpenCL while coordinating through MPI?

If we're talking about JtR Jumbo, yes it is. This is mentioned in
doc/README-OPENCL. If you have one GPU per MPI node, it's easy as pie,
nothing special to consider.

If you've got nodes with several GPU's each, it becomes more tricky in
terms of getting each MPI process to pick the correct device number but
as long as your world isn't too complex or heterogenic, you should be
able to sort it out.

magnum