Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2016 16:12:53 +0200
From: Patrick Proniewski <patpro@...pro.net>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Please help generating this rule

Hi,

On 15 sept. 2016, at 15:52, Sebastian Heyn wrote:

> I want to generate a fixed length incremental digit value
>
> abc0001
> abc0002
>
> etc.
>
> any idea howto do this?

mask mode, with or without hybrid (ie. wordlist+mask):

hybrid :
$ echo "abc" >/tmp/abc
$ ./john --stdout --wordlist=/tmp/abc --mask
abc1111
abc0111
abc2111
abc3111
abc9111
abc8111

Default hybrid mask happen to be ?w?d?d?d?d, and ?w is read from wordlist. It's the way to go if "abc" is not fixed but can take multiple known values.

regular mask :
$ ./john --stdout --mask=abc?d?d?d?d
abc1111
abc0111
abc2111
abc3111
abc9111
abc8111

You'll need a recent Jumbo release, I guess.

patpro