Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2016 00:38:05 -0400
From: Matt Weir <cweir@...edu>
To: "john-users@...ts.openwall.com" <john-users@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: Loading a large password hash file

More of a general question, but what should the default behavior of JtR be
when you give it an unreasonably large password hash file to crack? For
example, let's say you give it 270 million Sha1 hashes? Currently if I
leave it running for a day or two it just hangs trying to process the file.
This was with bleeding-jumbo.

Aka I realize the hash file was way too big. Heck the file was large enough
I couldn't fit the whole thing in RAM on the machine I was using. I'm more
curious about how JtR should respond to that situation.

Matt