Date: Tue, 10 May 2016 13:33:32 +0000 (UTC)
From: roro <romain.ins37@...il.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Junos Pulse VPN Client (Saved Passwords)

Nicolas RUFF <nicolas.ruff@...> writes:

 Is the client freely downloadable? If so, I can have a look :)

 Regards,
 - Nicolas RUFF
  On Fri, Jun 27, 2014 at 1:32 PM, Richard B. Tilley <brad@...> wrote:

 Hello John Users,

 I was wondering if any John users or devs has ever examined Junos Pulse
 VPN client passwords. Specifically, the ones that are stored when a user
 saves the VPN connection settings. On Windows machines, the password seems
 to be stored in the registry. When there are multiple different connection
 types (full v split tunnel, etc) that have been save then there are
 multiple registry entries. Here is a sample path:

 [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Juniper Networks\Junos Pulse\User
 Data\ive:2eed21ed-ab06-4244-a8f6-12fa59b838a1\Password1]

 This is a REG_BINARY type. I can edit it (remove or change a byte) and the
 VPN connection will fail, place it back and it works again. They seem to be
encrypted somehow. So I was curious if anyone on the list may have figured
 this format out and used John to crack them?

 Thanks,

Brad

Hello Brad ! Bonjour Nicolas !

Have you finally investigate this client ? Is it a good practice to permit
to save a password for a von connexion...

thanxs