Date: Wed, 04 May 2016 12:30:03 +0200
From: Doc Case <drdrgmtn@...o.com>
To: "john-users@...ts.openwall.com" <john-users@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: Re: PBKDF2-SHA1 3DES/AES

Thank You!

I have contacted sagitta.pw which offer the same kind of service, but focused on password cracking.

I didn't thought about Amazon Web services...

Any hint on how to perform parallel instances?  My pc has an Athlon FX, with 8 core and i have compiled John with OpenMPI, so seems to work in a right way. I don't have experience in AWS, and maybe I've done a bad config for my PC because i'm using the John standard configuration... have you something to read?

Thanks again!

Sent using Zoho Mail

---- On Wed, 04 May 2016 09:16:36 +0200 Harssh Mahajan &lt;harssh@...il.com&gt;wrote ----

You could consider using large instances with per hour pricing on AWS

https://aws.amazon.com/ec2/pricing/ for more power, alternate to purchasing

hardware.

To speed up computation, run tasks in parallel and/or on multiple

instances, for varied lengths.

E.g.

 - Same instance - Thread 1 for 6-8 length, Thread 2 for 8-10 length and

 so on.

 - Multiple instance - Instance 1 for 6-8 length, Instance 2 for 8-10

 length and so on.