Date: Sat, 6 Feb 2016 17:33:51 +0100
From: Frank Dittrich <frank.dittrich@...lbox.org>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Cracking luks volume

On 01/31/2016 05:34 PM, Daniel Sorry wrote:
> I was migrating my encrypted luks volume and decided to change password
> while I was at it...
> I'm sure I know the password but apparently I don't.
> I had this problem just after creating it, managed to get open it and was
> like ohh, was that combination and went to bed.

Could it just be a different keyboard layout at the time you changed
that password, compared to the keyboard layout now that you try to open
that LUKS partition?

Did you really delete the old password?
Usually you have to set a new password and then remove the old password.
Otherwise, you still have two enabled slots, and the old password (or
key file) still works.

Frank