Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2016 11:25:18 -0500
From: japhar81 <japhar81@...il.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: MPI with Spot Instances?

Hello all,
I've been playing around with MPI clustering JtR for a while, and I've
managed to get it running smoothly on static nodes. What I'd like to do
next is create an auto-scaling group in AWS, using spot instances. What
this basically means is nodes will come and go, with their hostnames/IPs
changing at random.. I can not figure out how I would run JtR in that
instance -- since it requires a node list in a file on startup to mpirun.

If it matters, I'm looking to do a brute-force using the ASCII mode. Has
anyone found a way to do a dynamic cluster that adds/removes nodes at
random? Is this even possible?

Thanks in advance for any pointers!