Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2016 09:35:13 +0100
From: Frank Dittrich <frank.dittrich@...lbox.org>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: get more info about what yield to crack a particular
 pwd

On 01/08/2016 09:26 AM, Frank Dittrich wrote:
> That's why I think there needs to be a way to "restore" master's behavior.
> I think bumping max. verbosity to at least 6, using verbosity 4 just for
> rule / incremental mode level logging, and adjusting all other verbosity
>  > 3 checks accordingly is the the best solution.

Actually, I wouldn't mind some other additional log file output for
--verbosity=4, but no additional stderr output.
Additional log file output at level 4 should be limited to separate
lines of log files, and not  change the layout of lines written at
verbosity 3, to avoid breaking parsing scripts...

Frank