Date: Sat, 7 Nov 2015 10:22:43 +0430
From: noir maru <noirmaru@...il.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: DMG OpenCL problem with OSX Mavericks (was: Re:
 opencl error)

On Wed, Nov 4, 2015 at 1:04 PM, magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com> wrote:

> Yes, the copy problem [affecting OSX only, using native sed(1)] was fixed
> a couple days ago. I'm attributing the segfaults to OSX driver bugs: The
> OSX drivers were good in late Yosemite (all of our formats worked on all
> devices of my Macbook) but basically poor before and after(!?) that.
> Finally, the poor speed is simply a property of your GPU. If this hardware
> is what you've got, just run the CPU format instead.
>
> magnum

Hi,

I have no scope to upgrade at the moment. Still on Mavericks. I can try
Yosemite next year.

I do not think it is the GPU speed. The process locks up when using
dmg-opencl and does not appear to try any passwords. There was a similar
problem last year and then a build was released that worked with this 4870
GPU on Mavericks. I do not have that build anymore...

Thanks